Monday, May 16, 2011

What A Day...

So the TDY has officially begun... so OF COURSE my car would die in the road last night after coming home from a movie with friends. Luckily I made it to my street and was able to get it to my driveway (thank God for that!!) It was so weird though - my power steering went out, the whole car shuddered, and then the engine died - but the lights and radio stayed on! So I knew it wasn't the battery... and it started back up with no problem, but then it just shakes and the lights dim on and off and if I try to make it go it dies again. Of course this would happen in a new place where we don't know anyone. I am so fortunate that BE used to work and manage shops before he joined the AF, so I ended up calling his past shops and getting advice from his friends, and they gave me cell phone numbers and everything and told me that if the dealership quotes me to call them and tell them because if they think the dealership is trying to rip me off they will call them and intervene for me. We are SO blessed to have such amazing past employers and friends!! That was a huge relief to me. So please pray today that they are able to get to my car before close today so that I can have it back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! This happened to me last year. It may not be the same thing but mine were a bunch of little fixes that went unnoticed so it turned into a big expensive one. I hope you get it figured out!!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember that if you know us personally, we ask that you not disclose any private information such as names or contact information. Thank you!
Now, show us some love!!