Friday, May 27, 2011

Milspouse Friday Fill-In!

Here are the questions for this week!!! Head on over to Wife Of A Sailor's Blog to answer the questions for yourself!!

1. Do you think civilians, in general, understand the meaning of Memorial Day?
No. And honestly, I think most people just think it's great because they get off work. I think you don't really understand the weight of the holiday unless you are a military family member or significant other. Every day I bear the burden of wanting to plan the rest of my life with my husband, while at the same time planning for things in case I don't get the rest of my life with him. It's a tough life to handle, every single day hoping for the best and yet planning for the worst. And the every day civilian most likely will never experience that. I wish more parents educated their children about what Memorial Day is really all about (and it's not picnics and booze).

2. What are your plans for Memorial Day Weekend?
Friday I am heading to Maxwell AFB to see a friend graduate OTS, and then I will be back at home getting the house clean and hoping that BE is doing well with his navigation classes he is in the middle of. I will be planting a tree in the backyard in memory of my grandfather, who was a Navy man during Korea and was a marshall on the USS Princeton. He loved the Navy, and I miss him every day.

3. What skill/talent do you wish you had? submitted by The 3 Turners
I really wish I could play the guitar. I've also always wished I could roll my "R"s, because I sound like a total idiot when I speak Spanish. People who can curl their tongues amaze me too.

4. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? submitted by I Married Into the Army
I would have to say the chicken. When you see Bible pictures, you don't ever see cute baby animals or eggs or larva. You see big animals. lol

5. What is the best thing about your post/base? The worst? submitted by Randomly, Robyn
The best thing about our base is that we have a lot of people that BE went through OTS with there with us, so it has made it easier for me to transition into the military lifestyle having people who were priors to talk to and ask questions, and then also people who are new like us and can sympathize with my stupidity about military life lol. The worst thing about NAS Pensacola is just that... it's a Navy base, not an Air Force base :(


1 comment:

  1. I agree with being in Pensacola not as a Navy guy - it's got to be weird. Although I'm VERY excited to see how the pipeline works out for him and what he'll get!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember that if you know us personally, we ask that you not disclose any private information such as names or contact information. Thank you!
Now, show us some love!!