Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Have Arrived

So, tomorrow I get to have the ceremony I have been waiting on for four long years - my pinning ceremony from nursing school. I am so excited I can barely stand it. Then, by Monday afternoon, I will officially be the first woman on either side of my family to graduate college. WOW. What a huge weight to carry on my shoulders, and what a huge reputation to uphold. My mom is ecstatic - she says I never could have given her a better Mother's Day present than seeing her daughter be the one to achieve that. But I told her that it's in large part due to her - she stayed home with me until I hit school, and constantly worked with me every day so that I was far past my developmental level for the grade I was in. She was my first encourager. By the time I hit 6th grade I was reading at an "above 12th grade level" and they had to bring in books for me from the high school so I could complete my number of reading hours I had to meet for my middle school class. She's the one who sat with me at the bar in our house for two hours every single day after school helping me with my homework. My parents really struggled financially to send me to Auburn, because they said that after graduating high school with a 4.2 GPA and a 32 ACT score, I deserved to go wherever I wanted to go. I felt that succeeding in college was simply a way to show them "I appreciate that you have sacrificed for me to be here, and I'm proving to you that it hasn't gone unnoticed." So now here I am, on the eve of one of the happiest days of my life (other than the days my little brother was born, the day I adopted my dog, and the day I got married), all ready to go with a brand new dress and pair of shoes (thanks, BE!!). I think it will give me a whole new perspective on life not being in college anymore. Granted, I still have my boards to take for my licensure, but it's going to feel so weird (in a good way) to just be a wife for a while. I wish that this day wasn't shadowed over by the fact that BE is off again soon. But it will be ok, I'll survive, and it'll be over before I know it. IFS is a partially self-paced thing, and dependent on weather, so the number of weeks he's there is dependent on quite a few factors, so I told him to not tell me when he will be back home ahead of time so that I don't get my hopes set on a date that he may get there and just not be able to meet. Plus, then it gets to be a surprise, and I love surprises :)

Hope everyone has been having a great weekend, and a special Happy Mother's Day shout-out to my mommy wives out there!!!! Hopefully one day soon I will join your ranks :)


Verse of the day: Proverbs 16:3 "Ask the Lord to bless your plans, and you will be successful in carrying them out."

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on[nearly]graduating!! :)
    i am your newest follower and find your blog uber cute! :)
    follow back?
    http://kirstiejayy.blogspot.com
    ohh, my family and i are big AUT fans!! :)

    happy monday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, This is soso exciting!! Congratulations, and good luck when you take your boards!!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember that if you know us personally, we ask that you not disclose any private information such as names or contact information. Thank you!
Now, show us some love!!