Friday, April 29, 2011

Milspouse Friday Fill-In!

1. Have you and your spouse ever agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together.
No. I still lived in Auburn while he was in OTS until I moved to Pensacola in February to set up house here, so I did the commuting thing 3.5 hours away to Auburn whenever I had classes, but decided for monetary reasons not to keep the apartment we had up there. Now we are permanently in P'cola but I just finished classes today (graduation in a little over a week! woohoo!!)

2. What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted by Sarah Ruth Today
Well today it was Case Lot sales!! lol, but seriously. In general, probably the pride I feel whenever I see any uniformed serviceman/woman these days, or how I love it when someone thanks BE or I for our service, or the amazing friends we have already made at our new station. It really is a great family (and people actually know what you're talking about!!)

3. If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it...would you? submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.
Well, a few weeks ago this would have been an emphatic YES YES YES!!! But lately, with BE having to go through this new flight physical here shortly and there always being the chance of not passing, we confronted the question of "what would we do if..." and when I thought of moving back home and him getting a "normal job" and us not being in the military anymore, I actually froze and panicked. So, would I take the military life out of it? No. Would I take any chance of my husband getting hurt/killed and me potentially being left alone because of the military out? Yes.

4. What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife, Army Life :).
We haven't had to be apart for more than his 3-month TDY to OTS, but with that being the first thing ever it was hard and the homecoming was wonderful in ways and terrible in ways. He was different, and was really picky about everything from being scrutinized so much - it was like he literally couldn't settle down, even to watch a movie with me. He would rather be dusting. But it was nice to get to go out to dinner and see him face to face, or to wake up in the morning and him actually be there. I can't imagine a whole year apart and I hope I never have to do it.

5. If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something? submitted by Tiaras and ACU's
Well, we don't have any children (other than our adorable Buster Brown furbaby), but I like Kaleb, Noah, and Inman for boys' names and Olivia and Sofia for girls' names, so maybe one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that if you know us personally, we ask that you not disclose any private information such as names or contact information. Thank you!
Now, show us some love!!