Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rooms

Wow, 
100 posts. 
I can't believe that I have shared so much of my life with all of you!
Hopes
Dreams
Fears
Sadness
Travel

Everything, really.
I am kind of overwhelmed today.
The sky is blue and cloudless and it's so nice and warm and breezy out.
We will be finding out our platform and where we will go
in 45 short days.
Our vow renewal is in a little over a month,
and we've had some very exciting news this past week
that we can't wait to hopefully share soon.

Our world is about to change,
much like it changed when we got married
when we packed up our little apartment in Auburn
when we both started our careers,
when we found the Lord,
when we got here and learned new road names.
Soon we will be learning everything all over again
and the thought is intimidating,
but exciting at the same time.
It's sad though, to realize that soon our group of friends here will all split up,
everyone will go to their separate planes and bases
and we will never be "this" group ever again.
I am reminded of my favorite episode of House, where a patient tells him,
"I'm going to base this moment on who I'm stuck in a room with.
It's what life is.
It's a series of rooms and who we get stuck in those rooms with
adds up to what our lives are."
We have loved this "room" of our life here in Pensacola.
We loved our room in Auburn.
We loved our separate rooms in Georgia and North Carolina.
And now I wonder if I will end up loving the next rooms in the same way.

Have you ever been stuck in a room with someone and had them say something so profound
it has stuck with you?
In what "rooms" have you learned the most?

3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful thought. :) I hope things just keep getting better for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, changing rooms is different, been there, done that, know what you mean. I like how you shared that. Different outlook on life. The "room" in Denver was a growing place for me, as I was out of basic training and into training for my job for 2 mo. before I got orders for my first base assignment. I learned to be independent and think on my own and not always ask for friend's opinions to help me out. Had my mom do alot of my "thinking" for me when I was growing up (not always the way I wanted her to, i.e. take over and do it for me or not allow me to go somewhere....). It helped me grow as a person in Denver. And I still remember, when I was growing up, a shoe salesman that was helping me with shoes, told me it wasn't nice to stick your tongue out at people (which I did to him, cuz some of my family members did it). He said it didn't look nice on me! I remembered that all these years! Have a great move and experience. It is exciting but a bit sad at the same time when one moves. Hopefully you can still stay in touch with some of your friends. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful :) I love the quote. Thinking of you as you guys move forward on your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember that if you know us personally, we ask that you not disclose any private information such as names or contact information. Thank you!
Now, show us some love!!